1. Why did the company go into administration?
The pandemic conditions had a significant impact on the operating model of the business, which has resulted in the firm entering administration at the end of April 2021.
2. McClure Solicitors held some funds in my Family Protection Trust, are these safe?
Your funds were held in a separate ‘Client Account’ of McClure Solicitors, with these funds being unaffected by the company’s administration, and as such these funds are perfectly secure. Regulatory requirements ensure that client funds are kept in entirely separate bank accounts to the firm operating accounts and so there is no risk to you as a client in any way. As part of the administration process, these were transferred to the ‘Client Account’ of Jones Whyte Solicitors for safekeeping.
3. McClure Solicitors hold my/my parents Will, is this safe?
Many clients of McClure Solicitors had their will held by McClure Solicitors in safe storage. Again, as part of the administration process, Jones Whyte Solicitors took over the running of these storage centres, so you’re will is perfectly safe.
4. Is there anything I need to do?
Unless you had an active ongoing case that was being dealt with by McClure Solicitors at the time they entered administration, then there is no need for you to do anything. If you have an active ongoing case, you should have been contacted by Jones Whyte by now. If for any reason this has not happened, please contact Jones Whyte at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0141 375 1222.
5. I need to update my Will/Power of Attorney or advise that a loved one has entered into care/passed away. What do I do?
6. I wish to set up a Family Protection Trust
7. I wish to withdraw/credit funds from/to my Family Protection Trust