that if a spouse has dementia you qualify for a 25% discount on Council Tax?

Not a lot of people know this but it’s true.  If you have a spouse who suffers from dementia then your Council Tax bill should be reduced by 25%. 


Either the family carer or the person with dementia can make the claim. You will need a doctor's diagnosis. In some cases you'll need to attach a written diagnosis to your claim – in others you just give your doctor's details and they'll be contacted for confirmation.  You can get a claim form from your local Authority.


Just contact us on 0800 852 1999 or email to arrange a chat with one of our Estate Planning Consultants. 


Home visits are available.